CHINA CARE FOUNDATION
China Care Foundation is a not-for-profit organization registered in the USA. The mission of the China Care Foundation is to grant special-needs Chinese orphans the opportunity for a better life and to empower youth through direct humanitarian service. By providing extensive medical, social and educational programs devoted to children, China Care makes a lasting contribution to our shared future.
China Care began assisting orphaned children in China in 2000 and has grown very rapidly since 2004. We are now seeking a strong, capable, independent, smart, energetic person who is completely devoted to the cause of youth empowerment and caring for orphans to fill the post of:
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer has overall management responsibility for all China Care programs and activities in China. He/she is based in Beijing, China and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer who is based in the USA.
· Over the next year to transition into the role of taking on overall management responsibility from the current leadership (who departs at the end of 2008).
· Manage staff of 250 persons in several locations in Mainland China.
· Manage annual program budget of 1-2 million US Dollars.
· Hold the legal person position of Chief Representative for China Care Foundation in China.
· Play an active role in all areas of China Care Foundation advancement including: fundraising/development, strategic planning, new programs, government relations, continual improvement of internal processes, etc.
· Strong managerial, organizational, and problem solving skills.
· Flexibility and adaptability needed to thrive in context of challenging and intense operating environment.
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of management experience in similar caliber position in either a for-profit or not-for-profit organization.
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin).
· Ability to represent China Care in manner consistent with the intelligence and passion that has made China Care stand out helping orphaned children and inspiring youth to serve others and make a difference in the world.
· High level of maturity to embrace open discussion and debate in a board-driven not-for-profit organization.
This position is for 3-5 year commitment. We offer competitive compensation package for suitable candidate. Interested persons please send application letter, resume, and current and expected salary to: email@example.com.